Almond Parsley Pesto
Sunset Magazine notes: “An intriguing spin on the Italian classic basil-and-pine-nut pesto, this sauce complements all sorts of roasted or grilled vegetables and meats.”
- ½ cup raw whole almonds
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley (leaves and tender stems)
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes
- ⅓ cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread almonds in a single layer on a rimmed baking pan. Roast almonds until golden beneath the skin and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- In a food processor, finely chop garlic. Add almonds and whirl until coarsely chopped. Add parsley, olive oil, salt, and red chile flakes and whirl until parsley is finely chopped. Add parmesan cheese and pulse to combine.
Adapted from a recipe by Angela Brassinga featured in Sunset.